- Transition to sick leave
- Initial Application
Short-term Disability Lawyers Serving Canadians Nationwide
Do you need to apply for short-term disability? Do you need to appeal a denial? Are you stuck with being unable to work or get your claim approved?
If the answer is “YES”, then call us toll free at 1-888-732-0470 and take the next step to regaining your financial security.
NOTE: This consultation is free and in most cases, you don’t pay us anything unless we win. Our experienced long-term disability lawyers can help you:
- avoid mistakes when transitioning from employment to sick leave
- protect your employment and medical benefits while on sick leave
- deal with the insurance representatives
- get better information and reports from your doctors
- get benefits approved ASAP
Our short-term disability lawyers help you at all stages of the claim, including transition from work to sick leave, the initial application, and appeals. We can also help you get a smooth transition from short-term disability to long-term disability. We have successfully represented clients in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland and Labrador.
Why Choose Us?
Get started now with your free consultation
Fill out this form to get started with your free consultation.
Customer and Client Reviews
Why its hard to win short-term disability
Winning short-term disability benefits is not easy. Insurance companies approve some claims. But, most people get denied. Denials can happed when you first apply. Or, denials can happen months after approval. Most people get denied at some point.
So, why is long-term disability so hard to win? Even if your legitimately disabled? There is no easy answer. You must prepare your claim properly. You have convince the insurance company to believe you. Otherwise, they will deny your claim.
For example, common reasons for denial include:
- lack of medical evidence
- your situation has “red flags”
- they think you can do other work
- you’re not getting the right treatment
- they don’t believe you
Our short-term disability lawyers have ways to overcome these challenges. We solve these problems using our Disability Claim Approval Blueprint (TM). Our founder David Brannen developed this system. It is based on his 15 years experience as a lawyer. He also learned from top disability lawyers in Canada and the United States.
Locations we serve
We represent people in the following provinces:
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- British Columbia
Problems we solve
Our short-term disability lawyers solve the following problems and challenges:
- not knowing if you are eligible
- struggling to finish your application
- you doctors reports are bad
- the appeal process is overwhelming you
- Struggling to find the right evidence
- Unsure how best to tell your story
- being stressed dealign with the insurance company
- Missed deadline to appeal
Other disability claim services we offer
- Long-term Disability Lawyers
- CPP Disability Lawyers
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Disability Tax Credit Lawyers
Next Step – Download our book
Not ready for a free consultation? Then fill out the form below to subscribe to our email newsletter. As a thank you, we will email you a PDF copy of A Beginner’s Guide to Disability Insurance Claims in Canada.
Learn the secrets for winning short-term disability benefits, even after a denial
Subscribe to our email newsletter and we will email you a FREE PDF copy of “A Beginner’s Guide to Disability Insurance Claims in Canada”.
We keep your information confidential and you can unsubscribe at any time.